"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Celebration Of Lights - Vancouver 2011

The Random Yet Meaningful Things That Made Tonight Random and Meaningful

After setting up the blanket and observing my surrounding I note "I feel like I'm in the middle of Tokyo."

A woman behind me stands up and says "The line is all the way to China." I wanted to correct her and say "No, the line is all the way FROM China." there were a lot of asains.


A chinese lady sitting behind us was awed by the fireworks and after anything somewhat spectacular she would go "Oooh!" "Ahhh!" and after Cory pointed it out, we couldn't help but laugh everytime she did it.

After the first couple rounds of fireworks Cory says "Thats a lot of fireworks. what if a flame hit the boat? Those are two Massive boats filled with explosives." A beat. And then we burst into laughter, a firework fills the sky, and the lady behind us says "oooh."

Halfway through the show- 'The fish must be so pissed off." - Cory.

On the way back we took a different route and at one point we were walking up to a crosswalk with a neverending wave of people walking perpendicular to us. Cory said "so we just need to get through there and we're good." and then she said exactly what I was thinking and said "So basically we're gonna play human 'frogger' all the way home."

Maybe it was the overtiredness, maybe it was the fact that I never get to hang out with my sister like that, but whatever it was tonight was fun and I got to really laugh at stupid things with someone else. Oh, and I saw two groups get busted for having alcohol at the beach. But that was just a bonus.Happy Saturday Night :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment