"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Out of Touch

Hello, and WOW I feel like I haven't written in a long time. Maybe I haven't. Or maybe I've just been so busy that it feels like time is flying by. I cant believe August is almost here.
So, a bit of a catch up on my inner city adventures. My sister and I went to our cousins wedding and the couple is very laid back so there wasn't much order. After dinner everyone was drinking and I thought I saw someone take a cupcake (the dessert) so I went up and got one for each of us and we sat there discretely nibbling our cupcakes until we heard the DJ say over the mic "Cake will be served in 5 minutes if everyone would like to come in now." We also forgot the wedding gift. We decided we suck at weddings but it was funny memoris for us.
Yesterday I met up with my cousin at 10 am. I walked to the skytrain and tehn took it for the stops until the waterfront but I did walk a good 20 minutes to get to her. After we said hello we walked around just talking and then walked all the way to her brothers place and talked there for 3 hours. And tehn because I had to work and she had to go I walked the 35 minutes home and I sat down which made me aware of just how badly my feet and legs hurt. And then at work I was so happy cause I was 40 minutes early and I could sit and relax a little. Nope. The host ran up and asked me to start early cause she sat two tables in my section and the other 2 servers were too busy. So I started at 5:30 with two tables and I was running until 11:30 and my last table decided not to leave until 12:15 and I almost missed my skytrain. My feet today are somewhat numb. But through the pain and blodd (yeah, they're bleeding. I hate my shoes) I admit I like it. I like knowing that I have worked hard and I'm not just lazing around because too often for me its the other way around.:)
I talked with my famjam, saw the sibs over skype, and sent letters home. I'm missing the people from home but I do enjoy being on my own. I think I like the way it's changing my thinking, my attitude towards others, Its furthing my whole "stop letting what people think stop you" outlook. My friends are always scared to be silly and just enjoy life because of what other people will think. I figure I'm in the city. I rarely pass the same person twice, why not liven up there night and make them smile? :) anyway, I'm gonna go buy some chocolate milk and strawberries to add to my rice crispies. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment