"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Monday, May 30, 2011

Let the countdown begin

23 days and one sleep before I depart from my little hometown and into the city life. I'll leave Smithers in my skinny jeans and John Deere Girl belt buckle, my gray tank top covered by my new favorite little plaid button down shirt, bottomed off with my love-able comfortable cowboy boots. I'll have my travel bag/ purse with some plane stuff and maybe a suitcase 3 quarters full of clothes. an ipod loaded down with southern rock and country, and of course some Hillsong United.my well worn Bible in my bag. My heart full f hugs I just received from all my family and wonderful friends. My legs will be sore as heck from a three day dance recital. I'll climb on that plane, sit down, and pray harder then I've ever prayed in my life that God uses this summer for his glory and that whatever I do, I stay true to Him. And then I'll put in my headphones and start listening to "People on Planes" by Lee Brice just because. An hour and a half I'll land at the Vancouver Air Terminal which is about 20x plus three floors bigger then the terminal I left from, I'll see my brother and sister come collect me. I'll remain calm and casual as my sister gushes about all the things we will do together and fills me in on when I start work. We'll get back to the apartment and I'll set my stuff down. I'll breathe in tell my self, to stop being a wimp and to cowboy up, and then eventually I'll sit down at the computer, open up my blog and write about how it really happened. probably a boring flight, a family pretending to miss me, my older siblings trying to take me out for sushi (YUCK) and then a nap. I'll let you know. :)
One thing I'll miss this summer, the country radio station. One thing I hope for this summer, The chance to catch glimpses of all the Canadian country singers who reside in Vancouver.
Have a happy day!

1 comment: