"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Girl's Night In

I have friends. Female friends. All of whom talk consistently about boys, babies, marriage... they all kinda tie in together. One of my friends, we'll call her Jenny, has a boyfriend who lives 13 hours away and she only sees him every so often because he is finishing up his college stuff. She talks about him nonstop. And truth is, we're happy for her, unsure about him, and not caring about their relationship. When he does come to town she hangs on him like he is her hero and they can't be separated. My other friend, we'll call her Sally, was quite single with an interesting friendship with a young man here. Meaning, they have been super close friends for a couple years and both knew they liked the other and that the feeling was mutual, but he didn't ask her out. So one night they had this big fight and she said she couldn't continue the friendship because he was leading her on and then he asked her out. Or something. I don't know. All I know is that there was a romantic fight scene and all of a sudden my happily single friend is holding hands and seems so different.
I know a couple who are a year older than me and when you see them together you can tell that they are very close but you wouldn't think that they are smothering each other. They are friends with their friends, each have their own groups but they also hang out all together. It's great! That's the kind of relationship I want. If I can ever convince someone to actually marry me. My dad teases me saying that I need to hurry up and marry because the older I get, the less cows he gets. (That's coming from old traditions where the men would trade women for cows or something fascinating like that.) I hope I don't change my attitude or personality for a guy.
anyway, this girl is gonna continue eating the contraband chocolate bar that was not so hidden and watch "27 dresses". Alone.
Have a good night.

1 comment: