"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Monday, February 4, 2013

The walking tour that turned into a hike.

After getting lost yesterday and doing nada last night, I decided to see some of Madrid today. And what better way to do so than with a walking tour? A bus tour, I know. But I took part in the walking tour, partly because it was walking, mostly because it was free, and learned a whole bunch of Madrid and Spanish history. All I remember are the 6 kings that kept marrying cousins therefore resulting in an extremely inbred king Carlos the seconds who was oddly unable to produce children..... And I remember the date 1561. I think it's the year Madrid became Capital of Spain. I'm going to pretend it is. During the tour, I introduced myself to a guy who looked about my age and we chatted the ought the tour. After the tour, we just continued kind of walking together until neither of us really knew what was going on. I think we may have accidently kidnapped each other and not realized it. We grabbed some food from a grocery store and sat down in a park a mile away and people watched. And then we continued walking and walking ad walkin and enjoying the madridian sun yes I just made up the word madridian. The Spanish sun? Hm. We enjoyed the great ball of fire rolling through this side of the sky. Space. Whatever. It was hot, like 19 degrees and I think I got burned! Awesome, more freckles. I went out for dinner and wrote postcards and my waitress was kinda rude and seemed curt but at one point she asked where I was from and I told her Canada, and she was suddenly so happy and spoke awesome English. Seriously, this is the second time people have done this and I think it's because they think I'm American. What's this story behind the Americans anyway? Most of them are really nice individuals. Oh well, as a waitress I understand the battle of stereotyping our customers. Also, thanks to an amazing friend of mine, my blogs are somewhat back up. All the posts I cared about are flying high again and I'm so incredibly ecstatic about it.
I'm going to go enjoy some tapas and agua since I can't get enough of one and haven't had enough of the other.
Good night world, all my love
-Sarah
Ps, the guy in the picture is some random from the tour. He doesn't know I have this picture of him either but he had the most interesting facial hair. It was like he had an accent just because he had the goatee thingamajig.
And the location is the royal palace.



No comments:

Post a Comment