"Every fallen angel prays for a second chance to fly again. And over time these tired wings have given in to the same old sins.
You're the only one who makes me feel like I could ever fly again."

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Trials Brewing on the Western Front

It humbling to realize how life moves on without you. When I left home, I left with the comfort of knowing that life in the quiet town would be more or less the same when I came back. Of course there's the growing siblings and the melting snow, scenic changes. But I didn't really expect anything life altering.
Now I've found out that my best friend's brother is in a coma in the hospital. The doctors don't know entirely why and he's not expected to survive. However, I'm a believer in miracles and also that God never leaves us even though we so often leave him. I'm incredibly unsure of what to do or say in this situation. One of my best friends, the one who is so much like a sister that I can be so brutally honest and know that our silence will never be forever because for whatever wacky reason, we need each other. No one else is quite as good for high fives and inappropriate jokes and impromptu road trips in the middle of the night inspired by Tim Hortons coffee and donuts. Of course being homesick has let me wonder if I've already seen some of my family and friends for the last time but I push those thoughts away. Now someone close to me is losing someone close to them, again, and I don't know what to do. S I I'm just gonna pray, and hope. And I ask your do the same if you are the praying sort. It don't think names are needed; God seems to figure that stuff out anyway.
Sorry for the somber note today. Travel updates will be provided tomorrow hopefully.
All my love
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment